Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining. All Tables should be placed in the main manuscript text. All Illustrations or Figures are placed in separate files and labeled as FigX.jpg (ex. Fig1. jpg, Fig2.jpg) and only refrenced in the manuscript text
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- One author is designated as the corresponding author with full contact details (email address and postal address)
- The manuscript includes a maximum of 250 abstract and up to six keywords
Assignment of copyright in submissions to the Journal of One-Day Surgery
In consideration of the British Association of Day Surgery (“BADS”) reviewing for publication, and/or publishing, in the Journal of One Day Surgery (JODS) my article attached (“Article”), I hereby assign all copyright subsisting in the Article, to BADS.
If I have co-authored the Article I hereby assign my copyright to BADS and shall procure that my co-author(s) shall also assign their copyright in the Article to BADS.
If BADS does not publish the Article, it will send me written notice (by email) to that effect. On the date of the said notice of non-publication, copyright in the Article shall automatically assign back to me, and this agreement shall automatically terminate.
I hereby warrant that, as at the date of this assignment:
- The Article is my original work, and has not been copied either wholly or substantially from any other work or any other source;
- I have not assigned or licensed any of the rights assigned by this assignment;
- So far as I am aware, the exploitation of the rights assigned by this assignment will not infringe the rights of any third party
BADS shall use my name in respect of my Article upon publication, but in assigning copyright (as described above) I hereby waive absolutely all moral rights in respect of the Article under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (and, so far as legally possible, any broadly equivalent rights in any territory of the world).
This assignment is governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it.
I indicate my agreement to the above terms: